下載 PDF 格式 （中文）
Download PDF Version （English）
Dear brothers and sisters,
“The sacrifice of the wicked is an abomination to the Lord, But the prayer of the upright is His delight.” Proverbs 15:8
The daylight saving time was just changed last Sunday, and there were a few sunny days. It feels like spring has arrived. In fact, the temperature is still relatively low, and some places even snowed yesterday. Because a sister’s child came home with a flu from the kindergarten and then infected other family members, I learned that this year’s flu is very severe. They had fever that lasted for several days, which was worse than the Covid-19. Although most people have paid little attention to the trend of the pandemic, since March 1st to yesterday, the Corona-warning app on my mobile phone has always been red, which means that I have had three chances to come into contact with positive Covid people passing by me. Each warning takes ten days to turn green. This month has more warnings than I have received in the past three years. Therefore, I found that it seems that the corona virus has not completely left us. However, thank God, my body has no symptoms, and I go in and out as usual.
I went out for more activities in March, and the number of times I ate in restaurants also increased. Among them, an old sister who is almost 80-year-old whom we had not seen for several months. Because she fell down twice last year, her children no longer let her help in the restaurant. So, a sister and I went to visit her. Unexpectedly, her daughter caught a cold that day and later infected her. As a result, she was unable to attend the birthday of her good friend for decades. We were grateful that we were not infected, so we attended the birthday lunch of the 94-year-old sister. Coincidentally, her son who took care of her caught a cold because of the flooding in the basement. Thankfully, his mother was not infected.
I went to serve in the Chinese church in Hannover in the second week of March. I didn’t take the train for a long time. My train was canceled that day. Fortunately, there was another train to make up for it, but it arrived earlier. If I hadn’t gone to the train station early, I might have missed the train, and I might have been late for church. On the day I returned home, the public transportation in Hannover also went on strike. Fortunately, I stayed in the suburbs and I was not affected. An old sister knew that I would not be in Germany for a few months, she still insisted on coming to see me after seeing her doctor. We ate something at the train station, and the train station was full of people. So, the Corona warning I received later happened on that day.
In the third week of March, Rev. Liu Min He came to evangelize in our church. The brother in charge of the Giessen Fellowship brought his family and two seekers to participate. They seldom came to Frankfurt. Therefore, we went for dinner after the meeting.
Last Sunday, because the German church we leased was used as the venue for the second round of the Frankfurt mayoral election, we could not use it. The co-workers inquired about many places that could not be borrowed. Finally, a sister who owns a restaurant lets us use the place for Sunday worship. After the service, most of the brothers and sisters also stayed to eat together and had some fellowship time.
This year’s All-German Christian Easter Camp will be reinstated, but the number of beds in the youth hostel has been reduced a lot. Some brothers and sisters must live in hotels outside the camp site. I am also willing to let a bed come out. This will be the first time I will stay home for the nights ever since I participated all the camps in the past. This will also be the first time that I have no serving position. Thanks to God’s guidance, several couples of missionaries have come to serve in Germany in recent years, and some could serve in the camp.
Prayer items and thanksgiving:
- Thank the Lord for his protection! Although the flu and the corona virus are still raging, I have not been infected in many activities! The previous cough also stopped unconsciously, thank to our Lord!
- Thank the Lord for protecting the 94-year-old sister from being infected by the virus! The sister also often falls at home; may the Lord keep her from falling! Thanks to the Lord that her son brings her to church to attend Sunday worship every week!
- This year’s Easter camp is the first physical gathering after the pandemic. There are some changes in the youth hostel. There will be some beds rented by the government for outsiders. May the Lord keep the speaker and all the attendees in good health and spiritually satisfied!
- After Easter, the Giessen Fellowship will start a gospel course. May the Lord lead the brothers and sisters who gather online to participate in physical gatherings, so that everyone can participate in the love banquet and serve the coming seekers! May the Lord move those who see the invitation to participate!
- I will return to the United States for furlough from mid-May to mid-August. May the Lord lead every step during this period, and that we will have a wonderful time of sharing God’s miraculous deeds with all the churches and brothers and sisters.
Happy Easter and may God bless you!
See you soon!