Dear Family and friends,
Time has passed by so fast; we left Cambodia four months already! Many things are happening that are alarming to the world: new variants of Covid 19, the strong earthquakes in Haiti that killed thousands of people, the recent unrest in Afghanistan, wildfires in the west of USA and Canada, the floods in China and Europe.
The number of Covid 19 cases in Cambodia has been coming down in August because of the curfew in Phnom Penh and other cities. But the government is concerned that the Delta variant cases will be rising; they recorded 999 cases in 23 provinces as of August 22.
However, as Christians we do not need to be afraid because of the promise of God in Psalm 29:10 “The Lord sat enthroned at the Flood, and the Lord sits as King forever.” Our God is still in control in the chaos of the world! All we need to do is to keep watch and pray!
Great to see more new faces on the Living Stone Church Sunday worship in zoom. The members are eager to join the worship service in person! Praise God more young people are joining the young people meeting in zoom.
We are doing well and enjoying the summer weather in Canada. Your support for us and the ministry in Cambodia is much appreciated. Please continue to praise God and pray for us.
- the covid cases in Cambodia have been decreasing in August.
- More small groups have started with children and youth at Living Stone Church
- We had our yearly medical check up and everything is okay.
- Time spent with family is precious.
- Our pastor, Phalla can take up the leadership at Living Stone Church that more members will be discipled and many will be added to our church.
- Members at church can meet in person and Sonlight Kindergarten will be open soon.
- Sok Pow’s health – she can’t sleep and has fainting spells; she worries too much about her husband and children, and financial need.
- Joseph will have a hernia operation on November 1st this year.
- Liza will have major dental work; pray for wisdom for the dentist.
Joseph and Liza Ng