Dear family, brothers and sisters in Christ,
Looks like summer is going away soon in Calgary. We are enjoying cooler weather now. Since the last time we wrote there are two unforgettable events that have happened in our lives. Firstly, on June 24th Liza slipped coming from the washroom in a restaurant. Her left hand landed on the floor that broke three bones in her wrist. The shoes that she wore didn’t have much grip at the bottom and that is why for the fall. For the 7 weeks she went through putting cast on, surgery with a plate and 7 screws inside her wrist. She experienced much pain, discomfort, helplessness, and inconvenience. However, on the other hand she experienced the love and prayer support from friends and family especially Joseph, our daughter, and her husband whom we live in the same house. And that makes me humble to ask for help from them! Finally, 7 weeks after my surgery, the cast was removed and now, I am in physiotherapy. God let me learn something on all of these; as in Romans 12:4-8 I’m reminded that we need different parts of our body. Also, it’s in the body of Christ that we need every member of our church. In 1 Corinthians 12:23 encourages us to treat the less honorable with special honor in the body of Christ. It humbles me to have more mercy for those in the body of Christ.
Secondly, God protected our family from the fire just 2 houses away. In the morning of August 5th around 5:30 when we were still asleep Liza heard the honking of cars and she thought drivers were impatient. Then we heard banging on our door; our next-door neighbor told us there was fire in the garage of the house next to him. Then fire engines came, and the fire was under control in an hour or so. We are so thankful the fire was only contained in that garage; no one was injured! If it were during the middle of the night fire was not so easily found out!
We thank you so much for supporting our ministry in Cambodia for all these years. Please continue to praise God for what He has done, and we covet your continued prayers.
- We prayed for Polly’s salvation and God answered us. She received Jesus as her personal Savior when Phalla shared the gospel with her. She is keen to study God’s word every week.
- The general election in Cambodia went smoothly and peacefully.
- There have been new people coming to the Living Stone Church.
- Our local staff is planning to start small groups in the homes of the members on top of the various Bible study groups.
- For Polly’s 10-year-old daughter, Mei Mei that God will heal the tumor in her intestines.
- For Liza’s wrist that she can use her hand with no problems after the physiotherapy session.
Thank you. Write us a message when you have time, and we can pray for you too.
Yours in Christ,
Joseph and Liza Ng