下載 PDF 格式 （中文）
Download PDF Version （English）
Dear brothers and sisters,
“This is what the Lord says—your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel: I am the Lord your God, who teaches you what is best for you, who directs you in the way you should go.” Isaiah 48:17
Thank God for leading us into a new year, and may the Lord guide us in the way we should go!
In the Christmas and Chinese New Year dumpling-making events organized by the Giessen Fellowship, we saw that God is our help at the time of our need. About 70 people signed up for the Christmas gathering, half of whom were non-believers. Later, due to illness and other reasons, some people withdrew, leaving about 50 people. In addition, our co-workers were also sick or unable to participate. In the end, there was only one couple left to prepare for the event, and they were very stressful. One week before the meeting, the co-workers who were originally unable to participate were able to return to the team to serve because they canceled their original plan. Therefore, the seekers who came that day not only had the opportunity to hear the gospel, but also those students who could not cook were very happy to be able to eat Chinese food. As a result, they were also very willing to come to make dumplings on New Year’s Eve, and they also participated in it. Those students who don’t have to wash dishes at their parents’ house, also came to help wash a lot of dishes. On the same day, an overseas Chinese from Indonesia came. She felt lonely due to the pressure of studying and wanted to contact some Chinese. A sister from another city introduced our event to her. Our sister contacted her and invited her to come. She agreed and said that she would also bring two friends. Because she was going to class that day, they didn’t arrive until we were almost finished eating. Because we didn’t know it, only pork stuffing was prepared to make the dumplings. Dumplings turned out not good meal for them. Even so, they were still willing to stay and eat plain noodles made out of the dumpling dough with our co-workers. They listened carefully to an old brother’s sharing. The old brother said he was going to make the dumplings with us, but later he didn’t make them. It turned out that God asked him to preach the gospel instead.
When I first went to Giessen fellowship, a sister also moved to Giessen because of her divorce. She started a new life with her two young son and daughter. But due to the brutality of her ex-husband, he left a lot of shadows, which especially affected her son’s emotions. Thank the Lord, although the life of the sister is difficult, she insists on taking her children to church. Because our Giessen Fellowship does not have a youth class, and their mother tongue is German, they go to a German church. Last week, the two siblings were baptized in that church. Their baptism was their mother’s greatest joy.
Last Sunday, I had the opportunity to go to the Kassel fellowship for the first time to share God’s words. At the end of the meeting, I shook hands with a middle-aged man, but I couldn’t feel the enthusiasm of brothers and sisters in Christ. Later, when we were together again during the small group discussion, I found out that he was a seeker. Because of living in fear for the past year, his whole person has gone downhill. It turned out that he wanted to move and sell his stuff online. A sister in that fellowship wanted to buy one of his items. After chatting, the sister warmly invited him to the church. He thanked the sister’s husband for giving him some words of wisdom. When he came to church, he felt a little calmer in his heart. God is so miraculous in bringing this man to Him.
Prayer items and thanksgiving:
- Thank God for being our help at the time of our need! When we were short of manpower when we organized the events, He called the co-workers back to serve the seekers who came to participate! Thank God for allowing us to hold a physical Christmas gathering after the pandemic, and we had the opportunity to have more exchanges and understanding with the seekers!
- After the Chinese New Year, those pre-university students also went out for vacation. Pray that after they come back, we can start some gospel lessons!
- Thank the Lord for bringing three Indonesian Chinese students to our midst! May the Lord let the them think more through the old brother’s sharing! May the Lord give us wisdom to do follow-up work, and pray that we have more co-workers in the Giessen Fellowship to care for these international students!
- Thank the Lord for leading the single mother through difficult times, seeing her children grow in the Lord, and being baptized! May the Lord remember his son as he has just entered college and study in another city! Pray that he will continue to grow in the fellowship!
- May the Lord guide the seeker in the Kassel fellowship, so that he can find the Lord’s salvation as soon as possible, escape from his fearful life, and enjoy real peace!
Although Chinese New Year has just passed, I still wish you a blessed New Year!
Happy Chinese New Year!