- 女童色妮力(Srey Neat)今年13歲，是住在貧民區的主日學生。四個多月前患病，不能呼吸，手和腳都不能動。現在可以把手舉起和腳可移動少許，但仍需用氧氣機幫助呼吸。
- 約瑟在金邊聖經學院教一年級“靈命進深”Christian Spiritual Development，有十三位同學。今年是第二次教，原來教學相長，在課材方面比去年有更深了解。
Dear friends and family,
Christmas is coming around the corner. As we celebrate together with our loved ones let us not forget that Christ is the real reason for the season. “For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.” (John 3:16)
The year of 2016 will come to an end soon. There are so much we reflect on the grace of God in our lives and the hope we have in 2017. The first part of 2016 was rather challenging for us but with God’s help we could resolve the issues one by one. God is always faithful to help when we cry out to Him. “I call on you, my God, for you will answer me; turn your ear to me and hear my prayer.” (Psalm 17:6)
On December 10th, there was the first wedding in our church. Srey Pov, the administrator of our kindergarten married Vanarath who is the brother of Udom, a part time worker of our church. It was a beautiful Christian wedding. Many visitors attended the wedding. On Sunday, the next day, a mother and daughter attended our church. Please pray that their faith will build on the word of God.
Please continue to lift our praise and prayer items to God. Thank you!
- The strength and health for us to serve Him.
- There are two new university students in our lady’s dorm.
- Srey Neat, a thirteen years old girl attended our Sunday school before. She lives in squatters’ area in our church neighborhood. When she got sick four months ago, she could not breathe by herself and could not move her arms and legs. Now she can move her hands and her leg a little bit.
- Samnang, a four-month-old baby boy, has cleft lips and palate. Two weeks ago, the doctor has sewed up the lips and he can drink from milk bottle normally. He looks beautiful now. As for the cleft palate, he should wait till he is bigger, perhaps 1 year old.
- The Sonlight Kindergarten has good reputation in our community. Some of the neighbors’ comment on us saying that the “‘Jesus’ school is good.” This month we have close to 60 children and over 40 toddlers.
- Joseph enjoys teaching “Christian Spiritual Development” at the Phnom Penh Bible School. His class has 13 students.
- We are still working on the church registration. There will be election in Cambodia next year. One of the procedures is to have the Sangkat (district) chief signing papers with the ones who signed legal paper of the property of our building, but he is busy with registration of voters and not at the office.
- Provision of a full-time pastor in God’s timing. Pray that the Lord will lead a person with a clear call to ministry.
- Youth fellowship will be changed to Sunday afternoon at 3 pm starting January 2017. Pray that our young people’s Christmas celebration may be a good time to reach out to young people. Please remember Ai Xin who is the leader of this project.
- Our church will celebrate Christmas on December 25. Pray for the preparation and promotion of the programs.
- College student dorm for men is closed this year. Pray that we can reopen the dorm in the future.
Thank you very much for your support in many ways, especially your prayers for us!
Merry Christmas and a blessed and fruitful New year!
Joseph and Liza