Dear Friends and family,
Greetings from Cambodia! We would like to share a passage that we recently heard on Psalm 63. It was written by David when he was in the wilderness of Judah. David said his soul thirst and his flesh longs for God but he will still praise Him because His lovingkindness is better than life. Many times in our lives we experience hardship and isolation like David did, we need to praise Him with joyful lips.
This past month we witness the miracle of healing among our neighbors. In our last letter we asked to pray for an elderly man with many health problems: high blood pressure, diabetes, heavy smoking, a lump in his throat. He was bedridden and could not talk. His wife took him to Vietnam for treatment but it didn’t help him much. One day we visited him and shared with him about Christ and prayed for him. At first he didn’t want to receive Jesus but after a few visits he got better and received Jesus into his life. Now he can get up and walk a short distance, talk and eat solid food. Praise the Lord Jesus for He is the greatest physician on earth! His wife also suffers from ovarian cancer. She also went to Vietnam for treatment; now her cancer is under control. She also received Jesus as her Savior. Pray that this couple’s faith will grow and that their children and grandchildren will come to know Jesus as well!
Thank you so much for partnering with our ministry; your prayers and support place an important part in our work. Please continue to praise God and pray for us.
- Strength and wisdom from God for Joseph to finish teaching one semester at the Phnom Penh Bible School. He taught a course on “Spiritual Development” to the first year students.
- Lydia, our daughter got a job with another NGO that is doing social enterprises helping the disabled with jobs in the mornings, in the afternoons she tutors 2 boys from 2 different families.
- We seem to find out one of the problems of water leaking at our church building. The problem caused by one of the bathrooms is fixed. We still need to fix the problem of water leaking when it rains.
- Please pray for a lady in our church who was very sick last week. She used to have TB before and it seems the bacteria has come back.
- There is a STM team from HK at the end of June. Pray for good health for them and unity to serve together.
- The man that we talked to about the possibility of working as a pastor in our church declined our offer. He and his wife do not think it’s time for him to work in a church yet. But he will still preach at our church 2 times a month.
- There are more new students and toddlers enrolled in our kindergarten and nursery. Please pray for another English teacher. And pray for outreach to the students’ families.
- For guidance and wisdom for Joseph to teach another semester at the Bible School in November.
Thank you very much. May God bless you!
Joseph and Liza