Dear Family and friends,
Time goes by so fast; half of this year is almost gone. Because of the many cases of Covid-19 we decided to come back to Calgary sooner than expected. The area of our church in Phnom Penh where we stayed was considered the “red” district. Many factory workers in this area were infected. It means that the residents were not allowed to go out. The banks and markets were closed. On top of this, Phnom Penh had a curfew from 8 pm to 5 am.
We were able to book our flights from Phnom penh to Calgary via Seoul and Vancouver at a reasonable price. God answered our prayer by sending an angel to take us to the airport. A missionary friend who drives a vehicle with a NGO license plate was kind enough to take us to the airport before the curfew. God is faithful and gracious to take us safely to our daughter’s home in Calgary a day before Mother’s Day after 14 day of quarantine.
We came back just in time to help our daughter and her husband move on June 1. It is located in an older area that the houses have big front and back yards. There is enough room to raise a few bee hives and grow a garden with different berries and vegetables. We are thankful that we stay with them so we can help and watch out for each other!
Thank you for your support in different ways. Really appreciate your care and prayers. Please continue to praise God for His work and pray for our needs:
- Safe trip back to Calgary, Canada on April 24.
- Smooth move into the new home.
- Able to join our Khmer church service; prayer meeting with our co-workers 4 times a week and Bible study with them by zoom.
- Two younger children of our elder son, Simeon are dedicated to the Lord on Father’s Day.
- Sad to know that Tiri went to be with the Lord on June 8. She requested for a Christian funeral service before her death. But her family also did a Buddhist funeral service after. Please pray for her family’s salvation.
- For the revival of the members of our church in Phnom Penh that they will grow in Christ as mature disciples.
- There are still over a few hundred Covid-19 cases per day in Cambodia. Please pray for the government, medical teams to take care of the patients, the families with relatives who died and people with no work.
- For job hunting for our elder son, Simeon. He just quit his old job.
- Pastor Phalla and his wife Savy who are faithful to lead, teach and care for our church members.
Thank you. Write and share if you have anything that we can pray for you!
Joseph and Liza Ng