感謝 神的帶領，上星期有七位弟兄姊妹接受洗禮，其中有一對父子，繼女兒兩年前受洗之後，終於接受洗禮。妻子是第一位受洗的，多年以後，看到全家都受洗，喜樂的心情是難以形容的。這位父親有很多親兄弟，與他最接近的哥哥表示，最了解他的信仰情況，弟弟能信主受洗，作兄長的也驚訝不已。他們的母親都是虔誠的基督徒，家裡就剩下這位最小的弟弟一直都遠離 神。他們從小就來德國打拼，因為做餐館，事業成功，他很驕傲，心中沒有 神。但是 神的恩典仍臨到這家。十多年前信佛的妻子接受主，把兩個兒女從小帶去教會。雖然小孩們不怎麼認識 神，但是總是喜歡去教會；縱然母親因為疲倦想偷懶不去，兒女還是要求母親帶他們上教會去。這幾年弟兄犯了錯誤，生意也失敗了，才知道自己的能力還是有限。去年他重新開始一家餐館，當中有很多難處， 神卻出人意外地為他解決，他才意識到沒有 神，那些事是不可能成就或如此安排的。他不得不承認 神的大能，終於願意歸家跟隨主。兒子雖然從小去教會，但是還沒有完全認識 神。今年高中有一個重要考試，如果成績不好就不能繼續升學，所以有點緊張。因為姐姐兩年前已經走過同樣的路，而那時的她就靠著禱告去面對。所以他也開始禱告，而 神垂聽他的禱告，成績都比他平時考得好，連老師都稱讚他有進步。因此，他相信是 神的帶領，也願意接受洗禮，認真地走 神的路。由於他們兩位的經歷都是最近發生，他們想受洗的時候洗禮班已經快結束，所以都要額外給他們補課。雖然他們的中文程度有限，但是為了受洗，他們都甘願熬夜完成作業，實在感動，因而我也願意成全他們。
這麼多年來上洗禮班都沒有經歷過只有一個人上課的，而這一次只有一位年輕媽媽報名。 神特別憐憫這位媽媽，由爸爸帶著大兒子，她則帶著小兒子來上課，因為小孩沒有睡好午覺，總會哭鬧著。這時母親就只好餵哺母乳，他才會安靜下來，讓我們可以繼續上課。由於沒有其他同學，她都可以這樣做。到後期，當那對父子加入來上課時，她的小孩也沒有怎麼吵鬧，嬰孩的父親有時也有空照顧他。所以，我們兩個都特別看到 神的恩典實在太奇妙了！
- 感謝 神親自呼喚祂的孩子們歸家！求 主保守剛受洗的弟兄姊妹的信心，好好地走主的路！
- 感謝 神的帶領，吉森團契服事的學生小組，自從開始提供飯食之後，團契弟兄姊妹的關係也密切很多！他們有幾位年長或中年的弟兄姊妹也慢慢來參與學生的聚會，突破以前的擔憂，覺得年紀比他們大，不知道跟年輕人談什麼！求 主使用弟兄姊妹的愛心，繼續吸引學生來聚會！
- 感謝 神的保守，讓我上週感染的急性甲溝炎得以及時處理！剛開始只是紅腫和痛，去看了家庭醫生，她說塗幾天藥就好。但是塗了兩天都不好，開始發膿，而且越來越嚴重。可惜剛好遇上週末醫生不開診，本以為熬到週一去看醫生。但週一是五一勞動節假期，只好去醫院急診部。感謝 神的憐憫，不需要等候，馬上就有醫生處理，再找到假期營業的藥房，買了醫生開的抗生素吃，再轉去看家庭醫生跟進。目前還是有一點腫痛，已經好很多，求 主醫治！
請支持鄧秀珍宣教士之宣教經費，支票抬頭China Evangelistic Mission列明「鄧秀珍宣教士支持」郵寄China Evangelistic Mission, 2400 Old Crow Canyon Road, Ste A6, San Ramon CA94583
Dear brothers and sisters,
“I will set out and go back to my father” Luke 15:18a
Thank God for His leading that 7 brothers and sisters were baptized last week. Two of them were father and son. The daughter was baptized two years ago. The wife was the first one who got baptized. Many years later, she was so happy to see that finally, the whole family was baptized. The father has many siblings himself. His closest brother told us that he knew very well about his brother’s unbelief. So, when his brother was told of his baptism, he was very surprised. Their mother was a devoted believer and always brought her children to church. But this youngest son had drifted away from God as he grew older. The sons came to Germany at their teenage years. As years gone by, their restaurant business has been very successful. That made the youngest son very arrogant and there was no God in his heart. But God’s grace came upon his family. More than ten years ago, the wife who had worshipped Buddha before became a Christian. She would bring her daughter and son to church. Even though the kids didn’t know much about God, they liked very much to go to Children Sunday School. Sometimes their mother was tired and lazy to bring them to church, they would beg her to go. Due to some mistakes made by this husband, his businesses failed in recent years. It was only then he realized that his ability was limited. Last year, he opened another restaurant again. Though he faced some difficulties, they were being solved by God. He was amazed because he knew now that without God, nothing could be accomplished. So, he finally accepted God’s power and was willing to go home and follow the Lord. His son on the other hand admitted he never took God seriously even though he went to church since he was little. This year he had to take an important high school exam. If he failed it, that meant he would not be able to continue to study in college. So, he was a bit nervous. But after hearing from her sister who went through the same process two years ago, he tried to pray to God like her sister did. God listened to his prayer and his results turned out better than he thought. His teacher also praised him for the progress. As such, he believed that it was God’s leading and he was willing to be baptized and follows God’s path seriously. Because the father and son both made the decision to be baptized only recently, our baptismal class was almost ended. So, they had to finish the lessons outside class. In order to make it to this baptism, they would spend long hours at night in order to work on their lessons despite their limitation on the Chinese language. It was touching to see their effort and I was willing to help them to get baptized.
Another young couple being baptized was PhDs who majored in law. They were seekers for many years. Because of a job found in Frankfurt, they moved to here. One day, the wife was being led by the Holy Spirit to urge her to go to church. Even though the husband was not so willing, they did go to church a few times. Just as they decided not to go to church again (I learned this only when she wrote in her testimony), the wife received a message sent by me to say hello and invite them to our baptismal class. She accepted the invitation and came to class with her husband. Slowly they learned more about our faith and the wife decided to accept Jesus as her personal Savior. They then went back home to visit their families. She missed last year’s baptism. After coming back from China, the husband also decided to accept Christ’s salvation. So, they both got baptized this year!
Over the years, I’ve never had only one student attending our baptismal class. But this happened this time. Only one young mother attended the class. Because the father took care of the elder brother, she had to bring the toddler to class. Due to the lack of good sleep in the afternoon, the toddler cried a bit. She then had to breast-feed him to keep him quiet so that we could continue the lesson. Since there was no other student in the class, she could do so up until the last few lessons when the father and son mentioned above joined in. After that, the toddler was less noisy or his father could take care of him. So, the mother didn’t have to breast-feed him again. We both were so amazed that God had mercy on this young mother to provide such a condition!
Thanksgiving and prayer items:
- Thank God for calling His children to come home! Pray that God will keep the faith of those who were just being baptized so that they will follow God’s path!
- Thank God for His guidance! Since the older fellowship started serving dinner for both themselves and the student group, the relationship among brothers and sisters is getting closer! Some of the older brothers and sisters also join the student group. They have overcome their worry of not being able to communicate with the young people because of the age gap! Pray that God will use their love to attract students to come to our meeting!
- Thank God for His protection! I got an acute paronychia and was treated in time. At the beginning, I felt the pain as my thumb got swollen. I went to see a doctor who prescribed me a medicated cream. After two days of application, my thumb got worse and pus developed. Since it happened over the week-end, there was no doctor to see. I thought I would go the following Monday. Unfortunately, it was a holiday. So, I had to go to the emergency room in a near-by hospital. Thank God for His mercy, without waiting, I was treated immediately. I also got the antibiotic prescribed by the doctor in a pharmacy which was opened on that holiday. I later went to my family doctor for follow-up. Right now, it has gotten much better. Pray for a recovery!
Thank God for His grace that you always remember us in prayers!
Pray that God will bless your work also!
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please support missionary Karen Tang’s mission fund.
Check title: China Evangelistic Mission, please state “for missionary Karen Tang”.
Send to : China Evangelistic Mission, 2400 Old Crow Canyon Road, Ste A6,
San Ramon CA 94583