- 感謝主保守餐館老弟兄的信心，在洗禮前雖遭遇不如意事，但仍然不放棄洗禮！求主感動他繼續渴慕認識 神，帶領他年老的日子！感謝主感動餐館老闆弟兄，繼續關心身邊年老的弟兄姊妹，將會帶領他們參加教會的生活營！
Dear brothers and sisters,
“How good and pleasant it is when God’s people live together in unity!” Psalm 133:1
Thank God for bringing an elder sister to come to our church! She came to Germany over half a century ago. Since the establishment of the Chinese Church in Frankfurt, she has been faithfully worshipping in our church. Our church just celebrated her 90th birthday a few weeks ago. Her son and daughter don’t know Mandarin and therefore they never joined any church activity. But they came to celebrate their mother’s birthday and were touched by the love shown by our brothers and sisters. Our elderly sister was very happy. She went through 5 celebrations privately and openly. Her birthdate was according to the lunar calendar. Since she has lived in Germany, her children celebrate according to the German way (German celebrates on the same date or after). So, they celebrated her birthdate according to the western calendar. It happened that her lunar birthdate fell on the day before our baptismal service. So, when our brother invited brothers and sisters to his restaurant to celebrate the brother who was baptized, we celebrated her birthday once again!
Thank God for His work in the life of the brother who owns a restaurant! After his baptism, he has changed a lot and is willing to share the gospel to those surrounding him. He has treated his 70+ years old worker like his father and helps him a lot. The worker was divorced long time ago and has been living by himself for several decades. He has spent most of his money on gambling and would not even spend any money on his teeth. He has left with only a few teeth. Because of the care of this brother, he helps him save the money and bring him to see dentist and applying for his retirement. In order for the old worker to attend the baptismal class, the brother would arrange his work early so that he could drive him to church to attend the class and return to work after sermon is finished. The brother has spent much care and time on him. But he also found out that it was not easy to serve a person. Just days before the baptism, the old worker had a conflict with another foreign worker. They both do not understand each other’s language. So, when the foreign worker picked on him, he decided to disappear! The restaurant couple was worried and wondered what would happen to him. We thought that he might missed the baptism this time. But, thank to God’s leading, he appeared two days later. After talking to his boss, he was still willing to be baptised. Thank God that he has seen the love of the brother and his faith has not been shaken! The brother was very happy and invited brothers and sisters to his restaurant to celebrate the old brother’s baptism. It was the first time I ever saw his big smile on that day!
Recently I was able to meet a brother’s father. He also came to Germany for many years as restaurant worker. Because of his good health, he would still help out in some restaurants at 70+. After the first meeting, he was willing to let his son to add me to his WhatsApp. He probably thought that I might be able to teach his son. Because of the social medium, I was able to talk to him and listen to his thought on church and his belief. Though he is studying Buddhism, he is also open to listen to other religions. It is unfortunate that he lives far from me and cannot attend our meeting. I try to build up a friendship with him first.
Because of the birthday celebrations of the 90-year-old sister and myself, I ate a lot of birthday cakes for the past weeks! Thanks to the love of brothers and sisters, we become a family and celebrate each other’s birthday together. Thank God for keeping me and allow me to step up to another level of age! Yesterday, our church celebrated my birthday. Some brothers were very surprised after hearing my age. Thank God for His keeping so that even though my inner body is decaying, my outer appearance and inner spirit is still young! My wish is that God will continue to give me strength so that He will use this body to run for Him!
Thanksgiving and prayer items:
- Thank God for celebrating the elder sister’s birthday so that we had an opportunity to witness to her children! Pray that God will fulfil her wish that her children really know the true God!
- Thank God for keeping the older brother’s faith! Even though he encountered a conflict, he did not forsake the opportunity to be baptised! Pray that our Lord will continue to touch him to desire to know Him and lead his life ahead! Thank our Lord for touching the brother to continue to care the older brother and sister whom he will bring to participate our church camp!
- Thank God for the opportunity to know the restaurant worker who has been in Germany for many years! Pray that through new technology, we get to know each other and have opportunity to share the gospel to him!
- Pray that our Lord will keep my body, even though pain persists, He will give me strength to serve Him!
- Pray that God will lead the training of the children Sunday school teachers this weekend so that they will commit to serve in this ministry! Yesterday Mother’s day, there were over 30 children who went up on the stage for the singing!
- Pray that God will touch more brothers and sisters to participate our church camp which will be held 20-23 June! Pray that God will lead the co-workers preparing for the camp!
Though Mother Day has just passed, I’d still like to thank God for all the mothers. Because of your efforts, families are blessed!