Dear friends and family,
For us Christians around the world Christmas is a joyous time of a year. We are celebrating the birth of Jesus Christ our Lord. “For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only begotten Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.” (John 3:16) Jesus came not only to save us from sin but He has already been raised from dead and now He is in heaven by God’s right hand side interceding for us!!
Our church family are all excited about Christmas celebration on December 23rd. They are passing invitations to family, friends and neighbors. The young ladies are practicing a Khmer dance. The youth group is practicing a drama. Children Sunday school kids are preparing for their songs and the lady’s group and men’s group also involve in singing. A lady who is talented in craft is making decorations. This year, a short-term mission team organized by our mission will also join us. We anticipate for a great time celebrating Jesus’ birthday!
The followings are our praise items:
- About three weeks ago, a church member and his wife brought Chan-tie to church. They met her in the gym. She walked to the front after the sermon was preached and received Jesus as her Lord and Savior.
- Laeng has been our pianist for many years. Recently he showed his gift of preaching. He is wiling to speak once a month.
- Sokphearin, our administrator of Sonlight Kindergarten attended a seminar on “Encountering God”. She has changed a lot and her attitude is very positive.
The followings are our prayer requests:
- Pray for Christmas celebration of our church on December 23 that we can share the meaning of the birth of Jesus may touch the hearts of the new comers.
- Pray for the Christmas celebration of Sonlight Kindergarten on December 21. We are inviting also the parents to come.
- Some people in our neighborhood are showing interest in learning Chinese. Hopefully we can start the class in January. We need one or two more teachers
- Short term mission team will come on December 22 to 30. Their major job is to paint the wall and draw on the side of the church. The theme is the Garden of our Heavenly Father.
Thanks for supporting and caring for us! We wish you a Merry Christmas and a blessed New Year!
Joseph and Liza Ng