- 請繼續為昂震（Oun Chen）弟兄禱告，他的頸長了一個拳頭般大的腫瘤。
Dear friends and family,
Greetings from the hot and wet Cambodia! Even though the typhoons and monsoons do not hit Cambodia but is also affected by the weather in the surrounding countries. Cambodia is really blessed by God with not much natural disasters. We are saddened by the devastation and destruction brought by earthquakes, tsunami, hurricane around the world.
Recently we are reminded by the verse in Matthew 5:14,16: “You are the light of the world…. Let your light so shine before men in such a way that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven.” There is a small road that leads to our house and people and children used to throw away their garage there. Two weeks ago, the garbage along the road was removed and taken care of. A day after there were garbage of water bottles; candy and biscuits wraps, plastic bags and straws again and one day even a plastic bag with a dead rat. So, Liza started to pick up the garbage before she went home. At first when people saw this foreign old lady picking up the garbage they thought it was strange, then after a few days they had a big smile on their face! After a week, there is not much waste any more. After several days, a few men were putting stones and cement to fill the uneven parts of the road. Praise the Lord whatever small thing we do for others there is influence to the people around us.
Thank you for supporting and praying for us over these years. Please continue to remember us. These are our praise and prayer items:
- A former dorm student who works in the Ministry of Education helps in our registration of our kindergarten. Praise God that we do not need to pay bribe to the official whom we met in a district office.
- Some new comers come to church, some are not Christians so that we have opportunity to witness to them.
- Our Disciple-Maker class goes well.
- We have been serving in Cambodia as missionaries for about 20 years already. Please pray for the smooth transition into retirement in the future.
- There is a pastor and family met with us talking about working as staff in our church. He mentioned that they are going to pray about it. The main concern is the salary that we offer does not match up what he is earning now. Please pray for God’s leading.
- Oun Chen who has a tumor on his neck around his throat still needs our prayers.
- Nick is losing about 6 to 7 kilos in the past few months. She and her husband and daughter used to attend our church. But they stopped because of some misunderstanding between another member. We tried to talk with them but no result. Please pray for her healing physically and emotionally and spiritually.
- Some young people did not pass the grade 12 state examination. Please pray for God’s guidance whether going to work, to study for diploma or vocational skills. As for those who passed the examination, some of them need help to pay tuition for going to university.
- There will be three ladies coming to stay in our dorm in November when school starts. Please pray they will get along with other ladies and that they will know the Lord.
Thank you. May God bless you!
In His service,
Joseph and Liza Ng