Dear brothers, sisters in Christ and friends,
Greetings from Calgary, Canada. We have been here since 10th June after a month in Cambodia. During the month in Cambodia, we are thankful to see that God keeps the church in track. There has been newcomers and old ones come to worship. New groups have started or are going to start – Chinese class, English class, men’s group, ladies’ group and baptismal class.
By God’s grace Sonlight Kindergarten’s staff issue was solved. The old administrator left to start her own business. Another teacher wanted to resign and start business but stays to do administrative works and teach English class in the afternoon as well. Right now, we hired a teacher that she is being trained so that she can teach when the two part-time teachers will leave at the end of July after their college graduation. God is so good for His provision and His timing is always the best.
Happy to see that there is no electricity shortage in many areas of Phnom Penh, the capital since the start of the rainy season in May. Another good news is that the city is fixing the sewers and the bridge in our area, Stung Mean Chey. Hopefully after the whole project is done in two to three months the streets in both side of our church building will not get flooded during and after heavy rain.
Thank you so much for your partnership and support by praying, caring and giving! Please continue to praise and uphold us in prayers:
- Living Stone Church is growing gradually with newcomers and old ones who has not come for a while.
- We got news from Evangelical Fellowship of Cambodia that the Department of Cults and Religion is taking a survey of all the churches and small groups. They promise to help the churches.
- There has been no power disruption since May. That makes life easier. Thanks for the rain which rises the water level in the Mekong River which helps hydro power generation.
- The city is fixing the sewer system in our area. Hopefully there will not be any flooding around our church building.
- God is faithful in providing enough staff for Sonlight Kindergarten.
- Our church worker, Phalla is taking a module course in counselling. Pray that through learning and he will be healed of his own issues in life. During church prayer meeting he admitted that he needs to deal with fear.
- Pray for wisdom and godly example for our kindergarten’s new administrator and the staff will respect her and work in harmony.
- Pray for our sons and daughter and their families that their lives will exemplify Jesus.
- Continue to pray for Saran who has hepatitis B and C. Her son Hua has a lump in his neck at the back of his right ear. He will get a biopsy in July.
- We will stay in Canada for medical consultations from 14th June to 14th September. Please pray for our health and peace.
Thank you for praying. Let us know if you have anything that you want us to pray for!
Joseph and Liza Ng