Dear friends and family,
Happy Chinese New Year and a fruitful year to come! We have exciting things to share since the last time we wrote in December 2018. Thank you for praying for the Christmas celebration of Sonlight Kindergarten. It went well and more parents attending than we anticipated. The students sang, played music with the bells, xylophone and read book. Every student was involved in something.
Christmas celebration at church drew some new friends and old friends who came before. We had worship, sermon, special songs from ladies, youth, children, Khmer traditional dance and lastly finished with chicken curry meal. We all enjoyed ourselves very much.
Another highlight is the drawing of a mural (big picture) on the outside wall of our church building and repainting of our gates. The Hong Kong team organized by our mission did a very beautiful and awesome job! While they were drawing, people of all ages stopped and admired at the beauty of the drawing. It shows the wonderful creation of God with the sun, rainbow, animals and flowers. An amazing thing happened is that we had about 15 students enrolled for our kindergarten and a few toddlers to our nursery.
God did another wonderful work in our church; at the end of January our church committee with five members was set up. Phalla was willing to be our local pastor. He and his wife, Savy served with us at the start of Living Stone Church for three years; then he resigned and worked for Christian Broadcasting Network for about seven years. But his wife stayed in our church and has been with us ever since.
We are at awe of what God has been doing as we are preparing for retirement. Thank you so very much for supporting us through different ways, especially your prayers and care. As we went through challenges in serving God in Cambodia your prayers and care helped us to go on and of course with God’s calling to stay on. We are now planning to stay in Cambodia as missionary advisor for half a year and half a year in Canada each year. We have been in Calgary, Canada since February 4. It is very cold now; these few days the temperature went down to -24°C during day time. With the wind chill factor, it can get to-40°C. But staying inside it’s warm and cozy.
That’s all the news for now. Thank you for partnering with us in our mission service. Please continue to praise God and pray for our needs.
- Church committee is formed with Phalla as the local pastor.
- 15 more children enrolled to kindergarten after the mural is drawn on the outside wall of the church building.
- 2 volunteer teachers from Australia came in last August 2018 and again in January 2019 to help training our teachers who are inspired by their teaching method and utilizing all our resources. They also reset the teaching curriculum and files. They did a fantastic job. Both are committed Christians which is a good testimony to our staff.
- Our transition period preparing for retirement.
- Our two sons, daughter and their spouses that they will be closer to God and live a life pleasing to God.
- One couple of our church just got divorced; please pray for healing and most of all that they can be reconciled by God’s love and grace.
- Chantie came to our church shortly before Christmas and accepted Jesus as her Saviour and attended our church about four times. Then she fell and hurt her foot and stopped coming. She does not want us to visit her because of her unsaved husband. Please pray that she will stand firm in her in found faith.
We’d love to hear from you and pray for you if you have any prayer requests!
Joseph and Liza Ng