- 感謝主的帶領，在人數少的時候帶領別的人來參加聚會！求主感動亞沙芬堡餐館弟兄的表哥繼續有興趣參加查經班，更多的來認識 神，接受基督的救恩！感謝主帶領吉森的慕道友，藉著父親的探訪，讓妹妹有機會接觸基督信仰，回國後可以跟父母去教會。求主也感動這位慕道友繼續穩定參加查經班，不要被別的事務阻擾。
- 求主眷顧考試中的學生，特別是那些還不認識 神的同學，因為壓力的緣故，就不來參加查經聚會！吉森學生組三位負責的姊妹中，有兩位已經回國過年與家人團聚。求主賜恩給留下來的姊妹，讓她有力量來服事。
- 感謝主帶領德國年輕傳道人來服事教會的第二代。短短幾個月，看到青年人都比較穩定參加青年主日學，有幾位青年人跟傳道人學吉他，上週雙語崇拜的時候已經可以以吉他詩歌來一同敬拜主！除了主日以外，很感恩她也願意服事我們兩個團契的小孩們，當大人聚會的時候，小孩也同時可以學習聖經。以前大人聚會，沒人管小孩，他們便自己玩。所以，傳道人來了，家長也很感恩！求主使用這位德國傳道人，讓青年人的信仰更堅固，讓他們帶來的未信朋友有機會認識 神！
Dear brothers and sisters,
“The blessing of the Lord brings wealth, without painful toil for it.” Proverbs10:22
Time really flies! Before you know it, it is already the 7th day of the Chinese New Year! We finally finished all the Chinese New Year activity in our bible study groups. Yesterday there weren’t many people who came to the Aschaffenburg bible study due to sickness by flu and make up class for daughter. Even the owner couple of the restaurant was not there. The sister went home immediately after hearing her father being hospitalised. Even though she went back to take care of her father in China, she still encouraged us to continue meeting for bible study because her husband was at the restaurant all the time. But he went out to do some duties leaving his daughter to help out yesterday. His daughter has just finished her exams and was on semester break. She joined our bible study for the first time. She was already baptised. Even though she was born here, her Chinese was pretty good and understood what we shared. Another surprise was that the cousin of the restaurant brother stayed to listen to God’s words and agreed to what was being taught. He is not a Christian and also works in the restaurant. Before yesterday, whenever we asked him for bible study, he never joined.
After Christmas meeting, Giessen Fellowship started preparing for the Chinese New Year meeting. Since some children of several families participated in the performance, some non-believing families also came. However, since it was examination time for the students, they came later. They expressed their gratitude for the plenty and good food. For the past two weeks, since they were very anxious about their exam, they did not come for our bible study. But last week, God brought a father who just came from China to visit his daughter here. His daughter has come to our fellowship from time to time and had a good impression on our belief. Her husband works here but showed no interest in our bible study. Since his father-in-law who was a believer wanted to see how it was like regarding Christian meeting was concerned, he brought him and his sister-in-law to our bible study last week. His sister-in-law also had little knowledge about Christianity. Because she had to accompany her father, so she came also.
Like in the past, after our Sunday service, we had our wrapping Chinese dumpling to celebrate the Chinese New Year. There were many people including a young pastor with some of his members from a German church. They also learned how to wrap the dumplings. Our brothers and sisters also invited some friends to come.
It is almost one year since the establishment of the Cantonese bible study group. Our non-believers have never visited our church. But because every fellowship was asked to perform something for our Christmas meeting, our group also practised a Christian song for that event. As such, most of us went to church to perform. They were happy to have participated. One lady who worked in a restaurant also rushed to join us during her rest hours. Although the two oldest sister in our church had no fellowship for them, they also joined us to sing because they knew Cantonese as well. They too were very happy to sing on stage. Two of the non-believers also came for the wrapping of dumplings.
The sister who organised this Cantonese bible study group has been baptised for only a few years. She worked on shifts and could not attend every Sunday service. In addition, her mandarin was not that good at the beginning. So, her bible knowledge was not that good. Gradually, she herself felt the lack of biblical knowledge. So, she would come to my home for a discipleship course whenever she found time.
Last year I was elected by our pastoral co-workers in Germany to chair our annual Easter Camp for all Christians in Germany. So, I had to organise the camp with other co-workers. I was busy earlier because I had to find out the exact no. of applicants for the camp. This year we are grateful because most of the fellowships and churches submitted their group application form early for they knew of the limited seats available. So, it seldom happened that even before our deadline, the application was already full leaving two churches not being able to apply. In order to accommodate all these applicants, I had to ask the co-worker to apply for more beds before she left for vacation. This year, we also had a new challenge. Upon the request of one of our speakers, we prepared a link for applicants who would sign up for a 40 days fasting prayer chain so that they could pray for this camp and might experience a revival by the Holy Spirit.
Thanksgiving and prayer items:
- Thank God for His guidance! He brought some others to attend bible study meetings when there were few people joining the bible study. Pray that God will touch the heart of the cousin of the restaurant brother to continue to join the bible study so that he will come to know our God and accept Jesus’s salvation! Thank God for bringing the father of the non-believer to visit her so that her sister would get a chance to have contact with Christianity. Pray that she would go to her parents’ church when they return home! Pray also that non-believer would attend our bible study group more regularly and would not be hindered by other business!
- Pray that God will bless those students who are having their exams, especially those who do not know God yet! Because of exam. pressure, they do not come to meetings! Two of the three sisters who help out in the student group went home for Chinese New Year and family reunion. Pray that God will help the one left behind the ability to serve!
- Thank God that the sister who organises the Cantonese bible study group saw her needs for strengthening her spiritual life! Pray that she would listen to God’s words and will be willing to serve those non-believers with more love and patience!
- Thank God for the opportunity to serve brothers and sisters who join the Easter Camp! Pray that God will give me the ability to do all the necessary arrangements! Pray that God will give the two speakers His words to encourage our brothers and sisters to better live for Christ!
- Thank God for bringing the young German pastor to serve our 2nd generation! Only in a few months’ time, we can see that some of our youth have been coming to church regularly! Some youth take guitar lessons from the pastor. Last week, the youth group was able to use guitars and singing to worship with the adults in our bilingual service. Besides Sunday school, we are grateful that the youth pastor is willing to serve our younger kids for two other fellowships. Before she came, the children were left playing by themselves while the adults were having their bible study. Now she also teaches the children. The parents are so thankful! Pray that God will use this German pastor to strengthen the faith of our youth and also evangelise to the friends that were brought by the youth!
May God bless you during this Chinese New Year season!