Dear brothers and sisters,
“But the seed on good soil stands for those with a noble and good heart, who hear the word, retain it, and by persevering produce a crop.” Luke 8:15
Lord Jesus taught us to persevere in order to produce a crop. After listening to God’s words for 8-9 years, two seekers finally decided to accept Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior and they are willing to be baptized in the upcoming baptismal service. Because of our sister’s good testimony, our sister helped in prompting their decision. This sister has already moved back to China but she returns to Germany for every holiday. Since she is going to bring her son to study in the US later, she stays longer than usual this time. As such, she has more time with the seekers and encouraged them to accept Jesus’ salvation.
Recently, I had the opportunities to meet with some people with pessimistic and negative emotions:
Three weeks ago, our pastor’s wife sent me a message from Taiwan requesting me to contact a sister immediately because she told her that there was no meaning in living. For fear of something unpleasant might happen, I contacted her right away and let her come to stay with me so that I could learn more from her and took care of her. She was facing a lot of pressures from all sides. Since she was a newly convert and didn’t see God’s leading, she was very disappointed. She felt better when I encouraged her every day. But whenever I went out of town overnight, she became depressed again. I also need God’s power to support her.
Recently, a sister had an urge to contact her former employee. After talking to her, she learned that she got a big blow when her doctor told her that she had late stage cancer. She was in China where she was diagnosed. She returned to Germany for treatment. Because our sister accompanied her to see doctor and her daughter helped her to do some paperwork, when our sister invited her for an evangelistic meeting, she accepted the invitation. Although it was hard for a restaurant worker to understand the topic on science and religion, a sentence was impressed on her mind, i.e. “God is the true God who created the universe”. Our sister also invited her to join our fellowship last Wednesday. Our sister asked me to pick her up. On our way, she mentioned that her friend also asked her to go to Chinese temple and she did. However, she said that she could listen more from our meetings. Together with the sharing of our brother and sisters, the atmosphere of our fellowship, she shared her gratefulness with me on our way back. The next day, our sister’s husband went with her to see her doctor as her interpreter. After the doctor’s visit, our brother brought her home and let her watch a sermon on video. The preacher came from her home town and she felt very close and appreciated his sermon.
Current situations in Hong Kong had affected some oversea Hong Kongers, especially young adults. Because of different background, it was hard to discuss this matter with mainland Chinese without triggering emotions. A student from Hong Kong was very concerned and was emotionally affected. He met some new brothers and sisters who were also very concerned on social media. Our brother set up a group so that we could pray for Hong Kong. As his pastor, I joined him to show support for them. Since we can’t do anything for Hong Kong, all we can do is to spread the gospel more diligently. We are thankful that a Hong Kong brother was just sent to Germany to work by his company for some years. He has a heart to serve and decided to choose a company provided apartment which was near to our church so that he could open his home for meeting. Therefore, we prayed to God to prepare us to establish a Cantonese speaking bible study group for young adults.
Thanksgiving and prayer items:
- Thank the Holy Spirit for touching the long-time seekers to come to accept Jesus as their personal Savior! Pray that our Lord will strengthen their faith and they will follow Him joyfully!
- Thank God for giving me the strength to accompany the sister who lost hope in Him. Through prayers and encouragement, we could see God’s leading step by step. After hearing others’ testimonies, she was willing to attend the baptismal class!
- Pray that God will heal the cancer patient! Through the love of brother and sisters’ help, pray that she can see God’s grace be upon her so that she can come to know God and accept His gospel!
- Pray that God will comfort those who are being affected by what happened in Hong Kong! Pray that they would turn to God instead of hot dispute on the internet! Pray that God will protect the Hong Kong citizens and bring peace to the city!
- Thank God for touching our brothers’ heart to be willing to set up a new bible study group! Pray that we could reach out to those who are wandering outside the sheep pen!
- Pray that God will lead our Co-worker Training Camp on 8-11 August! Pray that all the attendees will get a lot out of this camp!
May you have a blessed summer!