聖經教導我們作兒孫的要看顧家中的寡婦，在自己家中學著行孝。感恩我家中還沒有需要我照顧的寡婦，但是家人有病需要照顧，難免要盡兄妹之情，回家照顧一下。因此，結束了全德的造就營之後，馬上啟程回港一趟，剛好趕上第二天到醫院接哥哥回家養病。回去協助照顧病人，更體會到 神創造的奇妙。病人被切除一個重要器官之後，明顯生活質量降低很多，以後不能一覺睡到天亮。雖然醫學技術進步，可以延長人的壽命，製造一個假的器官，但是始終不能恢復原來器官的功能。可見 神設計人每一個器官都是那麼重要，那麼的配搭完美。
感謝 神的恩典，除了照顧家人之外，還趁機會與闊別多年的弟兄姊妹見面，在不同的教會與他們一起敬拜 神。更沒有料到還被邀請到差會辦公室與同工們分享德國華人事工。由於每次述職都是回美國，都沒有機會到香港分享過，因此這次的安排稍微讓差會辦公室的同工對德國華人事工有多一點認識。
五月有兩個假日；這週是耶穌升天節，我們教會有四天三夜的生活營，有七十多人參加。感恩今年有不同的講員來與我們分享 神的信息，當中有來自美國的長老、有德國神學院退休的女老師和一位殘疾的宣教士。期待著這週弟兄姊妹在營裡面有更多的彼此認識，在 神的信息當中得到激勵。
感謝 主讓我們經歷 神垂聽我們的禱告！住我家的女生簽證五月初便到期，上週日去教會才發現這週因為假期，政府部門少了兩天工作天，她便開始緊張，心裡壓力立刻上漲。我和另外一位姊妹為她禱告，結果出乎意料之外，辦簽證的官員沒有為難她，就給她延簽三個月，以便她可以完成她期待的面試。最近聽到要簽證的人都遇到一些麻煩，而她一點都沒有，我們都體會到這只能是 神的恩典！我們都為她高興並驚訝 神作事奇妙！
- 感謝 主使哥哥的身體恢復得比較快，求 主保守他的身體適應新的生活要求！求 主感動他認識這位保存他生命的主宰！
- 感恩有機會分享 神的作為，讓更多的弟兄姊妹為德國的華人事工代禱！
- 求 主保守前往生活營的弟兄姊妹，使旅遊巴司機平安地帶大家到營地，讓我們可以享受一個彼此認識、學習 神話與彼此造就的營會！求 主保守帶領籌備這兩個生活營的弟兄姊妹，使得營會順利進行！
- 感謝 主對住我家的女生的恩典！求 主為她開路，讓她明白 神的引導，以致她能行在 主為她安排的道路上！
- 感謝 主賜下兩位新生兒給教會的兩對夫妻！求 主醫治那位妊娠晚期得到血壓高的姊妹！
- 感謝 主的配合，使得一對準新人將於6月18日舉行婚禮！求 主帶領籌備的弟兄姊妹！
請支持鄧秀珍宣教士之宣教經費，支票抬頭China Evangelistic Mission列明「鄧秀珍宣教士支持」郵寄China Evangelistic Mission, 2400 Old Crow Canyon Road, Ste A6, San Ramon CA94583
下載 PDF 格式 (中文)
Download PDF Version (English)
Germany – Karen Tang’s prayer letter May, 2016
Dear brothers and sisters,
“If anyone does not provide for his relatives, and especially for his immediate family, he has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever.” (1Tim. 5:8)
The bible teaches us to take care of widows in our home and learn to put our religion into practice by caring our own family and so repaying our parents and grandparents. Thank God that I don’t have to take care of a needy widow but there was a need to take care of a sick brother. Therefore, right after the Easter Camp, I went back to Hong Kong just in time to accompany my brother home. He was discharged from the hospital on the next day of my arrival. One of his major organs was removed and he could no longer sleep through the whole night any more. After taking care of such patient, I was more amazed by God’s wonderful creation. Though medical technology is advancing, people’s life has been prolonged, a replaced organ could never have the same function of the original one. One can see that every organ that God created is very important.
I was thankful that besides taking care of my brother, I also took the opportunity to meet brothers and sisters and went to different churches to worship with them. Unexpectedly, I was invited to share the Chinese Ministry in Germany with the co-workers in CEM office. Since I only went back to the States for my furlough, I never shared it in Hong Kong. Now they had a better understanding of the Chinese Ministry in Germany.
After returning home last week, I also attended the annual general meeting of FMCD. I was also asked to share the ministries in the Frankfurt areas and my own. There were two board members of FMCD retired due to old age and health. But thank God that He has touched other German brothers to replace them.
There are two holidays, one being the Ascension of Christ and the other Pentecost in the first and second week of May. Our church will have a 4 days 3 nights camp this week. There are over 70 people who will participate. Thank God that we have several speakers this year: an elder from US, a retired German teacher from a seminary and a retired disabled missionary. We look forward to get to know each other and being edified by God’s words.
I will also attend the camp in the north of Germany and the dedication service of the Hamburg Chinese Christian Church next week. Thank God for providing a church for their own use. Most of the Chinese churches and bible study groups borrow German churches and therefore have limitations on the use of their building.
Thank God for letting us experience His answer to our prayers recently. The sister who stays at my place will have her visa expired in early May. After Sunday service last Sunday, she realized that there were only 3 working days because of the holidays. She was very nervous and felt extreme pressure immediately. Another sister and I prayed for her as she planned to go and try to get her visa extended the next morning. To our surprise, she got her visa being extended for another 3 months without being asked too much from the officer. Now she has some more time to finish her coming 2 interviews and continue to look for a job in Germany. Just recently we heard that other people are having problems with getting extended visa. So, we know that it was God’s grace that she got her visa.
Thanksgiving and prayer items:
- Thank God that my brother has recovered quite well. Pray that he will adapt to the new way of living! Pray that he will come to know the Lord of life who has kept his life!
- Thank God that I had the opportunities to share God’s works so that there are more brothers and sisters who will pray for the Chinese ministry in Germany!
- Pray that God will give us a safe trip to the camp site so that we can learn from God’s words in this camp! Pray that God will lead those who prepare for these two camps!
- Thank God for His grace to the sister who stays in my apartment! Pray that God will open a door for her so that she will know to follow God’s guidance!
- Thank God for the two new born babies! Pray that God will heal the mother who got high blood pressure during her late stage of pregnancy!
- Thank God for matching up a couple who will get married on 6/18. Pray that God will help brothers and sisters preparing for the wedding!
Although I might not know all who receive this letter, I thank God for your support and prayer at the back! Thank God for having you!
Email address: email@example.com
Pls support missionary Karen Tang’s mission fund.
Check title: China Evangelistic Mission, pls state “for missionary Karen Tang”.
Send to : China Evangelistic Mission, 2400 Old Crow Canyon Road, Ste A6,
San Ramon CA 94583