下載 PDF 格式 (中文)
Download PDF Version (English)
Dear Friends and family,
Greetings from Phnom Penh! The weather has been very hot in Cambodia. With humidity one can feel like 40 C when it is only 37C; during the nights, it is about 30C. Many rice fields and vegetation have not enough rain. We are praying for rain in most part of the country.
In April, Joseph and a local worker started morning devotion at the Men’s dorm on Tuesday to Friday from 6:30 to 7 am. It turns out to be the best time for everybody at the dorm to attend. Our theme in April was on being disciples of Jesus by studying the calling of the 12. A couple came from Australia came to help when we had our annual leave. The husband led them to study the Book of Proverbs. May the word of God come alive in their hearts.
As some of our congregation can’t come to the morning Sunday serviced because of work, we have started the afternoon service in March. It is the combination of the young people group and prayer meeting. There are about 20 attending. It is less formal and teenagers are playing keyboard and the drum. Less experienced co-workers also have a chance to share the message.
There were two weddings of our former dorm students this year. Last year we had one wedding too. We are planning to start a small group for these young couples. Please pray for His leading to find the right time and the right people to start up this new ministry.
Lydia, our daughter and two of us took our annual leave to go to Calgary, Canada to visit family for 3 weeks in May. Joe’s mother is 91 years old staying in a nursing home. She is well taken care of in there.
On this visit, we stayed with Simeon, Phung and little Bethany who is one and half. We slept on the bunk bed prepared for Bethany and her sibling who is due in two months. She has started to talk a lot, so cute and smart. Phung e-mailed us saying that Bethany is asking about us everyday.
Jessica & Jacob
The son and daughter of Enoch and Sarah have grown a lot. Jacob will enter kindergarten in September and Jessica will probably begin pre-school this fall. Jacob likes to draw and he drew a picture for Grandpa and Grandma!
Thank you so much for supporting us with your prayers, care and financial support. We are grateful for that! Please continue to praise God and pray for our needs.
1. Two of us are in good health: Liza only goes for her check up in 2 years instead of every year. Joseph has been taking prostate medicine to help urine flow 4 and ½ years ago. God healed him and he needs no medicine on the check up in May this year.
2. Sak, a part time teacher of our kindergarten, received Jesus by the ministry of the couple who came to fill our work when we were in annual leave.
3. Chanty, our co-worker’s wife, is in the last stage of colorectal cancer. She felt pains in different parts of her body when we came back from Canada. She seems to have less pain now and is feeling better. Viseth, her husband, fasted during supper time every day for the last few months.
1. We need rain urgently.
2. Right time and right leader for the young couple group.
3. Our kindergarten and nursery need to hire an administrator/teacher. Sophon who had been filling this position in the last 5 years resigned to work in a bank in June. A new teacher will start working in a week.
4. There are three short term teams coming from June to August from Hong Kong. We can use more teams to evangelize Cambodia together.
5. We are planning to have a 3 day fast and prayer retreat in November 15 to 17, a Khmer public holiday.
Joseph and Liza