- 感謝主，感動那位丈夫信主！求 主保守他的信心，在沒有一個屬靈的環境下仍然不動搖！求主也感動他太太，挪去她的困惑，接受主的救恩！
Dear brothers and sisters,
“I will sacrifice a thank offering to you .” Psalm 116:17a
The writer of the hymn “Thank you , Lord” wrote that some thank the Lord for friends and homes, for flowers and stars. But he thanked God for saving his soul and His great salvation!
Thank God for His guidance! Since we started the student group in Giessen in February, there are some who attend the bible study group regularly. One couple participated actively and asked a lot of questions. In their path of seeking God, God provided for them an evangelistic camp in October. During the camp, the husband prayed the prayer of accepting Jesus Christ as his Savior without understanding what the prayer meant. His wife just happened to see me and asked me what it meant. She thought that her husband was not clear about this acceptance. On the same night, I happened to sit next to them. I explained to him again what it meant to accept Jesus Christ as his Savior. After he returned to our bible study group the following week, he himself told to his closer friends about his decision. He has already finished reading a book on how to grow spiritually and started reading the gospel books. Although his wife has still a lot of questions, she also enjoys coming to our bible study group. She has more trust on us than other Chinese. She also invited new students to our ‘welcome new student’ activities. She even wondered why the new students did not come for she really liked our activities and brothers and sisters.
Our fellowship is very thankful for this gospel fruit. We see that it was a result of the team work, from 80+ years old brother and sister till teenagers. Because brothers and sisters bring food to serve the students and stay to eat together, the relationship among our brothers and sisters is also being built up. The whole fellowship is quite active. We held one seminar each week to welcome the new students for the whole month of October. They were being presented by our brothers and sisters according to their gifts. Thank God that even though some students came last year and had left for other cities, He brought some new students this year!
Thank God for His provision! After we mentioned the lack of workers for our second generation in our German co-workers retreat last year, one graduate from the Liebenzell Mission seminary was willing to serve Chinese when she was told about our situation. Our church contacted her immediately. After getting to know each other, passing the vote to hire her by church members, she became our youth minister. Although she is a German and has little knowledge about Chinese and Chinese cultures, she was willing to learn and accept us. Recently, I brought her to the fellowships which I’ve been serving to get to know our brothers and sisters. From the way she enjoyed our Chinese food and actively talking to Chinese strangers, she has been adapting quite well. Even though she just came for a few weeks, she got a chance to attend a Chinese wedding banquet which was being held in a Chinese restaurant by the newly wedded couple. Besides loving Chinese food, pray that she would love our teenagers so that she would bring them to our Lord and have their faith being strengthened.
Thanksgiving and prayer items:
- Thank God for leading the Giessen fellowship who works as a team to advance the gospel!
- Thank God for touching the heart of the husband who accepted Jesus Christ as his Savior! Pray that God will keep his faith so that it would not be shaken even when there is no spiritual environment when he returns home! Pray that God will touch his wife and take away her doubts so that she will also accept God’s salvation!
- Pray that God will provide wisdom to serve those educated!
- Thank God for His provision so that one German youth pastor comes to serve our second generation! Although the contract is for one year, pray that she would have power to serve and she might consider to serve for longer term in the future!
- Giessen fellowship will hold a Christmas meeting on the 9th December. Pray that new comer will come and hear the gospel!
- Frankfurt Chinese Christian Church will hold the Christmas meeting on the 17th. Pray that God will help the brother who is in charge of the program so that it would be run smoothly! Pray that the new comers will continue to come to our church after the event!
Although Thanksgiving has passed, there are still much to be thankful including your long term prayer and support!
Wish you have a blessed Merry Christmas in advance!God’s grace is abundant!
Serving In Christ,