- 感謝神呼召教會三位弟兄姊妹出來接受神學裝備，準備全時間事奉 神！求主帶領他們的學習！求主帶領剛畢業的弟兄，藉著加入差會，更多了解宣教的事工，成為中、德方面的橋樑，幫助這兩種語言的教會！
Dear brothers and sisters,
“Believe in the light while you have the light, so that you may become children of light.” John 12:36
Thank God for His grace! Even though we didn’t establish a Cantonese speaking bible study group, we established one consisting of mainly brothers instead because the HK brother opened his home. This group of brothers has a heart to serve in evangelism. Many organizations sponsored the first China Festival in Frankfurt on the last weekend of August. One of the brothers invited brothers and sisters from his student fellowship to go and distribute some booklets. But the response was not good. So, the brother asked me to go even though I had to go to Giessen that afternoon. I also invited the HK brother to go. That brother felt good about this action. He invited us to go again the next day. We met some of the brothers and sisters from Giessen fellowship the next day. They were waiting for one of the sister’s daughter to perform on stage. After learning what we were doing there, a sister volunteered to join us. Later she shared that it was not easy just to distribute the booklets. But the brother felt the power of two people because he was bolder and people would treat us more politely.
Recently, I brought the two HK brothers to the Chinese learning school in Frankfurt. We had a book stand there distributing some Chinese Today. There were 4 brothers and they went out two by two. One of the HK brothers was the only one who was married and has two sons. So he could easily start off a conversation with the parent waiting there. One father even asked us to give him our WhatsApp.
Giessen Fellowship has started a series of welcome new student program. Some of our brothers from Frankfurt went to support the events. There were 5 new and 4 old students who joined us for a day trip to a nearby city a week ago. Together with children, we had more than 30 people and enjoyed the trip. Last Saturday was our lecture on German general laws. The chairman of the Chinese Student Association asked if he could bring new students to our fellowship for dinner after their activity. We were glad to receive them because we could not have invited 30 new students ourselves. Thank God that they all stayed to listen to the lecture. The chairman had participated in some of our events in the past so he encouraged the students to join our up-coming activities. At the end of the day, we were so thankful to praise God’s wonderful work! There will be two more welcome new student events.
Thank God for calling our church’s brothers and sister for full time ministry! After taking some extension courses, our sister went to study for her last two years of seminary. A brother just started his studies in a German seminary after he graduated from his PhD degree in philosophy. Another brother just graduated from the same seminary last week. I was grateful that he invited me to his graduation dinner since his parents were not able to attend. It was touching to see that two brothers were willing to pay for the dinner’s tickets in order to support this brother like his family. The brother joined OMF and is now serving in the Youth Ministry in a German church.
Thanksgiving and prayer items:
- Thank God for the two sisters from Aschaffenburg Fellowship who just got baptized! The sister who accompanied them for the last two months will return to China. Pray that God will keep their faith and grow spiritually!
- Thank God for establishing a new bible study group in a brother’s home! The brothers are willing to participate in evangelism to support our church and Giessen’s gospel events.
- Thank God for leading so many new students to the welcome new student activities! A husband of a post-doctorate joined our day trip. He was very happy to bring his wife to our last week’s activity. They were very happy to have come. Pray that God will touch the heart of these students to participate in our future activities in order to know Christ!
- Thank God for the loving care of our sister who is responsible for Giessen’s student group! Because of her care and help, a student who doesn’t come to our bible study group often, came to accept Jesus as her Lord and Savior! Pray that God will keep her faith and she will learn more basic truth!
- Thank God for calling 2 brothers and a sister to equip themselves for full time ministry! Pray that God will bless their study! Pray that God will lead the brother who just graduated from seminary will learn more about mission and will be a bridge between Chinese and German churches!
- Fall has come with rainy and gloomy days. Pray that God will keep brothers and sisters and students from having depressing emotions!
Thank you for remembering us in your prayers!
May God establish the work of your hands!