Dear Family and friends,
“An angel of the Lord appeared to them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them, and they were terrified. But the angel said to them, “Do not be afraid. I bring you good news that will cause great joy for all the people.” (Luke 2:9,10) This happened about 2000 years ago when Jesus Christ was born. The good news is that when anyone believes in Him, he is saved from his sins and can communicate with God again!
On December 7 and 8, the good news was proclaimed to the Cambodian people by Franklin Graham and team. The two days Love Phnom Penh Festival shines hope and light to Cambodia after a dark and not so distant past. The infamous genocide in 1975 to 79 still haunts many lives in this country. About 23,000 people attended the two days event and about 1700 received Jesus as their personal savior. Follow up ad discipleship are going on in different churches and groups.
As we reflect in the past year, we are thankful to our heavenly Father who has blessed and kept us by His mighty hands. In mid-February we will go to Hong Kong for one month of furlough. After that we will officially retire as missionaries. After six months in Canada, we are planning to come back to Cambodia as consultant. So, if health permits, we will be in Canada for half a year and in Cambodia for half a year.
Please continue to praise God with us and pray for our needs:
- On December 1st after preaching, Pastor Phalla made an alter call and Tearen received Jesus as her personal Savior.
- Two young people accepted the Lord at Franklin Graham evangelistic meeting.
- On December 7 in the afternoon, we had a workshop on preaching for our co-workers.
- Now we have three people for morning prayer meeting during weekdays.
- Our kindergarten has hired a cleaning lady and a teacher.
- Joseph healed quickly after his hernia operation.
- Our kindergarten will have Christmas program on December 20th. Pray that many parents will come and hear about the meaning of Christmas.
- Our church will celebrate Christmas on December 22nd for we do not have holiday on 25th. We are expecting non-believers to attend this event. Pray for Pastor Vuthy who preaches the sermon. May many lives will turn to Jesus.
- On January 1st, we have baptismal service in the river. Four will be baptized; pray that they will grow in Christ.
- Joseph is teaching Kids Evangelistic Explosion during Sunday school time. There are 10 children from our neighborhood attending. Pray that they can memorize the Bible verses and will know and accept Jesus as their Lord and Savior.
- Our Sunday school is growing in number. We need teachers so that we can divide the class.
Thank you so much for your support and care throughout our time of serving in Cambodia!
In His service,
Joseph and Liza Ng